This super quick and easy recipe for grilled lemon asparagus will knock your socks off!
Okay, you know how they say “less is more” and “simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”? Well I’m pretty sure whoever first said those things must’ve known I’d someday share this recipe for the easiest ever yet totally delicious, and only 3 ingredients required grilled lemon asparagus.
That’s the beauty of grilling, see. Grilling gives your food a huge punch of flavor so you really don’t need to add tons of spices and other ingredients to make it taste yummy. Like I said, this recipe requires only THREE ingredients. Odds are you already have two of them sitting in your kitchen, so all you need to do is run to the store and grab some beautiful green asparagus. And if you are lucky enough to have a garden with asparagus, bless your heart. Just take a little trip out to the backyard and pick some of those babies. And take pride in knowing that I am wildly jealous of you.
Really, you won’t believe how tasty this grilled lemon asparagus recipe is with so few ingredients and only about 10 minutes of prep and cook time. You can’t even get through the drive through lane at Wendy’s that fast! And wow is it easy too. 3 ingredients, 3 baby steps.
1) Trim the ends of your asparagus and thread them on the skewers.
2) Let the grill work it’s magic for 3-4 minutes on each side of the skewers.
3) Drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and sprinkle with a little garlic powder. Bam! You’re done. And you are also now in heaven because holy moly, these are delish.
- 2 bunches of asparagus (1-2 pounds)
- juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder, to taste
- optional: salt and pepper to taste
- Trim about 1 inch off of the stalk end of the asparagus spears. Thread asparagus onto skewers. Grill over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes on each side until fork-tender and edges begin to char slightly.
- Remove asparagus from grill. Squeeze lemon over the asparagus spears, then sprinkle with garlic powder, and if desired add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.