A fun summer dessert twist on a classic mixed beverage! Cherry swirled vanilla ice cream brings out the best of Coca Cola in this bubbly ice cream float!
Remember how I said I had a special surprise for you when I posted that amazing cherry swirl vanilla ice cream ?? Well here is your surprise – – – > Cherry Vanilla Coca Cola Ice Cream Floats!!! Are you excited?! I’m totally excited.
I told you when I posted those Dirty Dr. Pepper Floats that I’ve never been a huge soda drinker, mostly because I don’t care for the flavors of most sodas and I hate the way the carbonation burns my throat. But! I make exceptions for soda pop that involved ice cream. Because ice cream? It’s sort of my thing.
You can do these floats one of two ways. 1) use my really incredibly yummy and pretty easy cherry swirl vanilla ice cream recipe which is, hands down, the preferred way to go if you’ve got the time to make the ice cream before hand, OR 2) you can use plain homemade store-bought or homemade vanilla ice cream in addition to some cherry syrup (I recommend Grenadine – you can buy it at Walmart and Target, OR Torani – which you can find at those stores, annnnd pretty much at any other store).
Either route you take will be great because these ice cream floats are to-die-for tasty and even if you aren’t a soda drinker, you will most likely love these. They’re like a root beer float except wayyyyyyyy yummier! And if you already love coca cola, well then, like my husband you’ll probably fall madly in love with these floats. It’ll be love at first sip.
- 6 cups coca cola (I used diet)
- 2 cups cherry vanilla ice cream (click HERE for my easy recipe!)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream + 4 tablespoons cherry syrup (such as Torani or Grenadine brands)
- Place about ½ cup ice cream in the bottom of each of 4 glasses.
- Pour Coca Cola in glasses - it will foam!
- If using plain vanilla ice cream, add about 1 tablespoon of cherry syrup to each glass (or more to taste) and stir.