Apple Bacon & Pistachio Broccoli Salad – A lightened up broccoli salad tossed in a greek yogurt dressing and topped with feta cheese, bacon, and pistachios!
Ten year old me wouldn’t have touched a broccoli salad with a ten foot pole. Veggies and fruit in the same bowl? Oh heavens no. Veggies go with veggies and fruit goes with fruit. Right?
Wrong. Grapes go with broccoli, which goes with bacon, which goes with a sweet and tangy dressing, with goes really well with apples and feta. Poor ten year old me just had a few things to learn about food. For example: some things taste good not smothered in hot sauce. Woah, who knew.
This is a crazy-delicious twist on your classic broccoli salad. The sweet creamy dressing is still everything you dream of in a good broccoli salad but it’s been lightened up with reduced fat mayo and fat free, protein-filled greek yogurt. Then you toss it with some apples, crispy crumbled bacon, feta, pistachios, and red onions. Oh. My. Word. This is what broccoli salad should be! So easy, so delicious, and so perfect for a main dish or side salad!
- 2 cups broccoli florets, (about one head)
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large (or 2 small) red apples, cored and chopped
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced fat mayo
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Add broccoli, red onion, grapes, pistachios, feta, apples, and bacon to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix all ingredients for dressing in a bowl, whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!