Flaky, perfectly baked lemon parmesan salmon & asparagus in foil is an easy and healthy 30 minute meal with fantastic flavor.
This recipe. It’s EVERYthing. It’s the dinner for rescuing busy Tuesdays and the dish to impress company for any occasion. Healthy, delicious, easy, quick….
My brother drove up from Arizona last week and showed up completely unannounced at my Dad’s birthday party. It was a total surprise and much needed. We chat almost daily – usually via text, often at 1:30 in the morning, sometimes on the phone – but I only see him in person a couple of times a year. Annnnnyway, back to the point. We had my brother and my sister (whom I see on a much more regular basis but who has never come over for dinner before) and this salmon was on the menu.
It a huge hit and that ginormous salmon you see in these photos?? We devoured every last bite of it. Also? There are very few things I love more in this world than a main dish and a side dish made on one pan. ONE PAN. So little prep, so little cleanup, and everything is done at the same time! WHERE has this delicious magic been all my life?
- 1 large salmon fillet (or 4-6 single portion fillets)
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup butter
- juice of 1 medium lemon, plus additional lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- optional: fresh herbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Arrange salmon in the center of the pan and arrange asparagus around the sides of the pan. Arrange lemon slices under the edges of the salmon. Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Once melted stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Pour mixture over salmon and asparagus. Sprinkle parmesan over salmon and asparagus.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then change oven to broil and cook another 5-7 minutes. Top with fresh herbs if desired and serve.