Hot, cheesy baked pineapple casserole is an old Southern favorite for holidays! It’s the perfect blend of sweet and savory in an easy-to-make side dish.
I was hesitant to get on board with a cheese and pineapple combination. Sharp cheddar cheese and pineapple… together?? Weird? I thought so at first. But after one bite I was a believer. The thought of those flavors together clashed in my head when I first heard them but after tasting it, they work together like magic. Super sweet, tangy pineapple, with sugar sharp and hearty cheddar cheese and melty and gooey with toasted extra buttery crackers on top.
HEAVEN in your mouth.
This side dish is ultimate comfort food with fantastic flavors and requires only 30 minutes and seven ingredients. It’s beyond perfect for your holiday get togethers and I guarantee you the entire thing will be devoured. If you do end up with even a scrap of leftovers, you’re one lucky duck!
- 2 20-ounce cans Dole Crushed Pineapple in 100 percent pineapple juice, drained
- 1 20-ounce can Dole Pineapple Chunks in 100 percent pineapple juice, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 sleeves buttery round crackers, crushed (about ⅔ cup cracker crumbs)
- 1 cup butter, melted
- optional: cracked black pepper for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan/casserole dish.
- In a large bowl stir together crushed pineapple, pineapple chunks, sugar, flour, and cheese. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle crushed crackers over the top, then drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until mixture is bubbly and topping is browned. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes, top with cracked black pepper and serve.