Juicy balsamic chicken, strawberry, and apple salad topped with creamy balsamic dressing, feta cheese, and chopped pecans.
You guys, I have a serious salad addiction. Every single time we have Sunday dinner with my in-laws I ask what to bring, my MIL says I can bring anything I want, and then I bring a salad. Every. single. time. But that’s not even the half of it because that’s just a Sunday dinner thing – we have a salad with or for dinner every weeknight too. It’s my go-to for an easy main dish or side.
And I’m being one hundred percent honest when I tell you that we are having salad for dinner tonight.
The addiction is real.The Marzetti® Brand asked if I would be interested in collaborating on a salad using one of their new Simply Dressed dressings, I was like YESSSSSSS – I have a bottle of your dressing in my fridge right this second.
Do I want to blabber on about a salad dressing I already purchase and use on a regular basis? Uh, YEAH. No brainer.
So here’s the fun thing about this salad – you cook the chicken in the dressing AND top the salad with it. GENIUS RIGHT?!? Okay got a little excited there. But really, there’s so much flavor going on in this salad with the balsamic chicken + apples + strawberries + nuts + crumbled cheese + mooorrrrre creamy balsamic on top that I can’t help but get a little over the top about this one.
And we’ve already established that I’m a crazy salad-obsessed cuckoo person so over the top was to be expected.
Oh p.s. did I mention that I am giving away a $50 gift card today??? All you have to do is enter using the rafflecopter below and tell me your favorite salad combination!a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup The Marzetti® Brand Simply Dressed Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 6-8 cups baby spinach
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (any yellow-red apple will do great, I used fuji)
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbles
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Brush chicken on both sides with some of the balsamic dressing.
- Cook chicken on the stove in a greased skillet or on the grill over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Brush again with balsamic dressing on both sides and cook another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate or cutting board and slice into strips.
- Assemble salads with spinach leaves on the bottom. Top with strawberries, apples, chicken, feta cheese, and pecans.
- Serve salad immediately with remaining balsamic dressing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. The opinions and text are all mine.