Savory beef broth brown gravy has just the right flavor and is easy to prep in just 10 minutes with only 5 ingredients – perfect for meats, potatoes, and more!
We’re talking about a simple, 10 minute recipe for the perfect beef broth gravy, just in time for Turkey Day!!!! In full disclosure I meant to share this recipe with you a few weeks ago and it sort of slipped my mind… better late than never. And really it’s not even late, because Thanksgiving hasn’t come and gone quite yet.
Also struggling with the idea that TD is THIS week. As in…. three days from now. My mind has been stuck in the first week of November and now I’m trying to catch up mentally. And emotionally. Because this season is getting away from me.
This simple homemade gravy recipe is as easy as they come. Just five ingredients to make the perfect gravy with beef broth. If you happen to be making a beef roast, you can substitute the drippings from the roast, but so many times I want beef gravy and am not making a roast so this how I get it without using beef drippings. I love this recipe because it is quick to make – just 10 minutes! – and comes together with just a few basic ingredients I always keep stocked in my pantry so I never have to rush out to the store to get anything just for this one part of the meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 2 cups beef broth (you can also use beef dripping from a roast)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup cold water + 3 tablespoons corn starch
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sauce pan bring beef broth to boil over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and worcestershire sauce.
- In a small bowl whisk together cold water and corn starch until dissolved. Pour into boiling beef broth and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed, and taste again to make sure it's just right. Serve hot over your favorite meats or potatoes.