Creamy chicken marsala tortellini with garlic and tender mushrooms is full of incredible flavor and makes a great, easy 30 minute meal for busy nights.
Chicken and noodles, noodles and chicken. It’s a thing. But as much as I love a great chicken noodle soup (Mom, yours takes the cake), sometimes I want that classic combo in a non-soup form. Today is one of those sometimes. So I made chicken and noodles with a marsala skillet twist and it is per-fec-tion.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts OR 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup flour + 2 tablespoons, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry marsala cooking wine
- juice of 1 small lemon
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 8 ounces tortellini pasta
- fresh herbs, for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package's instructions, set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper, toss in ⅓ cup flour, and add to a greased pan over medium heat. Cook 5-7 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through and browned. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add butter to pan and stir until melted. Add mushrooms, garlic, and parsley and continue to stir for 2-4 minutes until mushrooms are tender and garlic is fragrant. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir until coated.
- Add marsala wine and lemon juice to pan and stir 5-6 minutes longer, stirring throughout until sauce is thickened.
- Add chicken and tortellini and cook until tortellini is heated through (3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with herbs (parsley or thyme are my favorites) and serve immediately.
You’ll love these too…6