The fudgiest, most ultra chewy and incredibly rich brownies you will ever make – plus they’re flourless!
Here’s the thing… I have to be in the mood for peanut butter. It seems like I don’t even have a passing thought about it for a few weeks and then all of a sudden it’s like I NEED PEANUT BUTTERRRRRRRRR!
It’s a little bit crazy.
And it’s usually a very specific peanut butter craving when it strikes. It’s not, oh hey I could really do with a peanut butter something today…
No. It’s more like, um I need a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with cheetos this instant or I will surely die.
Yeah that sounds about right. And for the record it’s not cheetos on my sandwich, it’s cheetos with my sandwich. As in, a bite of sandwich and then pop a cheeto in real quick. Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it all of you frosty + french fry people. (bleh!)
And then other times it’s more like oh what I wouldn’t do for a peanut butter cup. One. One reeses peanut butter cup.
This week it was a peanut butter brownie. But it had to be super chewy, fudgey, chocolatey, and drizzled with extra deliciousness. Bonus points if it’s flourless.
Oh heyyyyyy. . .
Even if you’re not a PB person, how on earth can you turn that down??? ^^^^
If you’re a BIG peanut butter person (the breakfast lunch and dinner type – you know who you are.) don’t be afraid to smear a little extra (or a lot extra…) right on top.
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- scant ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil or parchment and grease with nonstick spray.
- Melt the butter, 2 cups chocolate chips, and ½ cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl at ½ power for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth (return to microwave for another 20 seconds at a time as needed until completely melted and smooth).
- Add chocolate mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and mix until smooth. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until set and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Once brownies have cooled, melt remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl at ½ power for about 1 minute or until you can stir it smooth. Drizzle over cooled brownies. Place in the fridge for about 10 minutes for the drizzle to set. Cut into bars and serve.
recipe adapted from tina’s chic corner 78