Fresh Apple-Pear Cupcakes – These fresh apple-pear cupcakes are absolutely perfect for any fall time gathering – both kids and adults will love them!
I don’t remember having pears regularly when I was growing up. Actually, they seemed like a gown-up fruit because they always reminded me of my dad. He used to slice a pear with his pocket knife and offer me a piece but I always turned it down. This is where I am really confused see, because I actually looooove pears. I don’t know where I got the notion that I didn’t like them but somewhere along the way I must have finally said yes to a pear and realized oh my gosh where have you been all of my life.
I suppose my taste buds have matured.
Thank goodness at least part of me has grown up. 😉
These cupcakes though are not just for adults. My nephew fell in love with these apple-pear cupcakes! He said it was the cinnamon that did it. I’m sort of partial to the almond-hinted icing. And the apple-pear combo. And the moistness. And the sweetness. And and….
Yeah these are all-around marvelous and totally perfect for this crisp-Autumn weather we’re getting!
Oh and p.s. they are really fantastic warmed up a bit. So if you decide to pretend they’re muffins and eat them for breakfast I won’t judge.
- 1 gala or fuji apple, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 bartlett pear, diced
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup greek yogurt + ¼ cup milk or heavy cream, mixed
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temp (may use spreadable margarine)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Toss diced apple and pear pieces with 1 tablespoon flour, set aside.
- Combine flour salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream sugar, cream cheese, and butter. Add milk, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat in egg. Stir in greek yogurt-milk mixture. Stir in apple and pear pieces. Pour batter into cupcake liners about ⅔ full.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mash in softened butter or margarine with a fork. Drop 1-2 teaspoons of topping mixture onto cupcakes. Bake 17-20 minutes or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and cream cheese. Stir in almond extract. Drizzle over cupcakes or dup cupcakes into glaze. Allow to set. Store in airtight container. Best eaten within 1-2 days.