Simple and healthy garlic herb potato hash with a creamy white cheddar sauce, peppers, and fresh herbs is a delicious an easy brunch recipe.
Let’s talk BRUNCH! Is there anything better than all the best of breakfast and all the best of lunch coming together in one meal?? Pretty sure there isn’t. And this potato hash is going to make your next brunch better than you can imagine. It’s a little bit cheesy, garlic-y, buttery, herb-y (herb-y? yes), creamy, and made with wholesome, nutritious milk. This is what brunch dreams are made of.
With the holidays upon us, there’s no better time to enjoy this yummy brunch hash, and pairing it with an 8-ounce glass of naturally nutrient-rich milk is a great way to get your holiday – or any day! – started off right. Friends and family can feel good about gathering around a milk-paired brunch and milk’s nutrients can help power everyone through the busy holiday season. The whole thing comes together in about 20 minutes and has the most incredible flavors. You just can’t beat buttery, crispy, herb-seasoned potatoes, bacon, and peppers in a creamy garlic and cheddar sauce!
- 8 small red potatoes, skin-on and diced (about 3 cups diced potatoes)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped, plus more for topping if desired
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped, plus more for topping if desired
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 slices – low sodium turkey bacon, cooked near crispy
- ¼ cup – finely grated reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Pair each serving with an 8-ounce glass of milk
- Add potatoes, bell peppers, butter, garlic, thyme and oregano to a large skillet. Stir over medium heat until butter is melted and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Sprinkle flour over potato mixture and stir to coat. Gradually stir in ⅔ cup milk until a sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir in slices of turkey bacon. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cover, allowing to melt for 1-2 minutes. Uncover and top with additional herbs, if desired, before serving.
- Pair each serving with remaining 8-ounce glass of milk and serve. Enjoy!