Easy and tasty grilled honey lime salmon with mango avocado salsa is full of fresh and bright Summer flavors! This flaky salmon will MELT in your mouth.
I took inventory last night and I have posted seven new salmon recipes this year so far. That’s more than one per month and that is a lot of salmon! I just can’t help myself, I’ve been a salmon lover since I was just knee-high to a fishing pole and salmon lovin’ runs in my blood.
Thank you Dad. Really, thank you.
You already know that I’m a huge fan of McCormick’s red cap line – all the goodies we know and love like ground cumin, ground cinnamon, poppy seeds, and more, plus more fun seasonings like Tuscan blends and smokehouse black pepper (<— remember those California Club Burgers?? Yesssssss!).
Two of the spices I go through like crazy at my house are garlic powder (seriously though. garlic powder in EVERYthing.) and chipotle chili pepper. Those two seasonings right there are my dream team and can transform basic ingredients – like salmon, mango, and avocado! – into the most amazingly flavorful and delicious meals.
So today is a happy happy day because all these things I love are coming together in one Summer-licious grilling recipe and heaven knows I’m a grill-happy gal.
30 Minutes is all you need to whip up this tasty, and impressive meal, perfect for everything from busy weeknights to special occasions. And speaking of special occasions… July 4th is right around the corner!! Such an ideal time to make this grilled honey lime salmon with mango avocado salsa happen.
It’s almost like she planned it that way or something…. 😉 #youbetidid
Need some other 4th of July ideas? My friends at McCormick have you covered with colorful and patriotic appetizers, entrees and desserts. I mean how good does Baked Beans with Bacon or Grilled and Loaded Smashed Potatoes sound? Finish off the evening with a sumptuous no bake treat like Firework Poke Cake or Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stars.
- 1 large whole, skinless salmon fillet OR 4-6 smaller, 6-ounce fillets
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1½ teaspoons McCormick Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ white or red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Chipotle Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Garlic Pepper
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and arrange salmon on a large sheet of aluminum foil. (If using individual fillets, you can use individual pieces of foil as well) Fold the edges of the salmon up a little bit around the salmon (this helps to keep the juices around the salmon instead of spilling into the grill).
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste on both sides. Sprinkle garlic powder and chipotle chili pepper over the top, then drizzle olive oil over the top. Use your fingers to rub oil into the top of the salmon.
- Grill salmon for top-down for 5-7 minutes, then flip and grill for another 8-12 minutes until salmon is cooked through and edges begin to brown.
- While salmon is cooking prepare the salsa by stirring together all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together butter, honey, and lime juice. Drizzle over grilled salmon. Top with mango avocado salsa and serve immediately.
This recipe is in partnership with McCormick.17