And then the bread gets a little crispy and the peanut butter becomes all melty gooey from the grilling…. Peanut butter sandwich heaven.
A little drizzle (or large drizzle) of honey is the perfect way to top it all off. Like wrapping it all in a pretty bow. If you’re not a honey person, leave it off. If i’m in a rush I’ll skip it and it’s still delicious. But if you are a honey person, or even if you just have no preference and can’t decide if it’s worth the effort, do the honey. It’s amazing.
- 8 slices whole wheat or multigrain bread
- 8 tablespoons peanut butter
- one large peach (white or yellow), peeled and thinly sliced
- one large mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat grill (or George Foreman which works spectacularly). Spread about 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on each slice of bread. Layer mango and peach slices on top of peanut butter on four slices of bread. Top fruit slices with remaining slices of bread, peanut butter side down. Grill 2-3 minutes. Drizzle with honey and serve warm. Enjoy!