Grilled Pineapple Chicken Foil Packets – chicken, pineapple, peppers, and onions slathered in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce and cooked on the grill!
One of my favorite traditions growing up was tin foil dinners. That’s what we called them anyway. My mom always made them the same way: handmade hamburger patties + quartered baby potatoes + baby carrots. We’d cook them on the grill or over an open fire and when they were done, smother the heck out of them with ketchup.
Every now and then I still get cravings for my mom’s tin foil dinners, like this week I was dying for one. So I made one… with a totally new twist. Okay basically the only thing that was the same about it was the idea of food wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill. I swapped out hamburger meat for chicken and added 6 other simple yet totally irresistible ingredients…
pineapple + chicken + red peppers + green peppers + onion + the BEST and EASIEST two ingredient sauce everrrrr x10.
This recipe just might be my new favorite summertime dinner – try it, you’ll fall in love with it too!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ cups (or 1 15-ounce can) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (see note)
- 1 cup Asian toasted sesame dressing (see note)
- Preheat the grill. Lay out 4 large (about 24 inches long) pieces of foi. In a bowl whisk together teriyaki sauce and sesame dressing.
- Distribute chicken, peppers, onions, pineapple chunks, and sauce between the sheets of foil. Fold the the sides of the foil over the fillings and seal shut.
- Grill packets for about 10-15 minutes, turning over once half way through. Carefully unfold foil packets and check chicken to make sure it is cooked through. Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds if desired, serve immediately.