Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa – perfectly grilled flaky pink salmon topped with sweet and spicy mango salsa.
Sooooo how was your Independence Day?? Lots of tasty bbq yumminess I hope. I indulged in some of the best bbq I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting, courtesy of my top notch brother in law who smoked some ribs and brisket for the family.
I’m trying to convince him to open a BBQ joint.
My contribution to the par-tay? Grilled potatoes. Don’t you worry, those beauties are coming very soon my friends, very soon. In the meantime, let’s discuss this salmon. Another grilled bit of yum you’re going to want to try pretty much immediately.
The rub for the salmon could not be more simple: salt + pepper + chili powder + garlic powder = done. Just whisk those together, rub them into the salmon, and slap those fillets right on the grill. That would be amazing on it’s own but then we’re gonna top it off with a tropical mango salsa. Sweet n’ savory n’ spicy… everything you could want in a summer dish right on one plate.
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 mangos, diced
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup packed cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl stir together mangos, red peppers, onions, jalapeños, and cilantro. Set aside until ready to use.
- Stir together garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper (I used about ½ teaspoon each). Rub mixture into salmon fillets. Grill over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over grilled salmon, then top with mango salsa and serve.