Hot Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Cheese Sliders are the ultimate party appetizer, topped with a brown sugar and dijon poppyseed sauce, these are ADDICTIVE!
My mother, in true form, went completely 100 percent overboard for Thanksgiving this year. Bless her heart, she always makes turkey – two ways! – and a ham. Now even though my mother makes the best three-day brined and bbq’d turkey (THE best way to cook a turkey ever ever ever) I still prefer ham over turkey. With all of the ham and the turkey, and more turkey… there’s a lot of leftovers. These melty ham and swiss cheese sliders are my favorite way to use up the ham portion of those leftovers.
These sliders are pretty much the sandwich version of my mother’s pineapple glazed ham. Plus cheese and a brown sugar dijon sauce that is positively the most addictive substance on this planet. I purposely spill a little extra around the edges of the sliders before putting them in the over just so there will be some crusted around the pan. After the sliders are gone, I scrape the pan clean eating every last bit of that stuff.
Finger. licking. good.
When you make these tasty Hawaiian sliders, every single one will disappear. Even if you’re only sharing with one or two other people I swear they will somehow find the room to pack away a couple more of these! But there’s definitely enough to feed a group, you can even double the recipe and baked them on a large baking sheet if you’ve got a crowd. Use up your leftover ham or make a stop at the deli counter especially for these, you will not regret it.
- 12-count Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 9 slices deli-style ham
- 9-12 slices swiss cheese
- 12 pineapple rings
- ¼ cup mayo (I used reduced fat)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a 9-inch baking dish or similar sized casserole dish.
- Slice rolls crosswise so that the rolls are split in half. (Do not separate the rolls, they should all still be connected when you slice them so that the bottom halves stay connected and the bottom halves stay connected)
- Spread mayo over the bottom halves. Top with ham slices, then swiss cheese, and then pineapple slices. Top with the top halves of the rolls
- In a small bowl whisk together melted butter, dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, and poppyseeds. Brush mixture over the sandwiches.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melty and sliders are browned on top.
If you like these Hot Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Cheese Sliders, you’ll love…