Juicy and flavorful slow cooked Kalua pork served in tacos and drizzled with spicy cajun sauce!
TACOS. My love for tacos, it can’t really be explained. There just aren’t words. Because saying “I love tacos so much that I dream of them in my sleep and would like to devour them every day of my life in every variation imaginable” just doesn’t seem to cut it you know?
These were inspired by some tacos I tried at a bistro last year and yes I feel very suave saying bistro like some sort of uptown restaurant connoisseur. But bistro is actually in the name of the restaurant, promise. Annnnyway, I tried those tacos and fell in love. They had to happen at home. And happen they did. You must try them, you will go crazy for these beauties!
- 2 cups shredded kalua pork (click HERE for my easy 3 ingredient recipe)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red and/or green cabbage
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
- optional: limes for squeezing
- ⅓ cup light mayo
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (see note for homemade version)
- Fill tortillas with kalua pork, sliced cabbage and mango. Top with cilantro and drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Stir together mayo and cajun seasoning. Drizzle over taco fillings and serve.
1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1½ teaspoons paprika, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon onion salt, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, heaping ½ teaspoon oregano, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes