Oatmeal Craisin Breakfast Bars – These tasty oatmeal craisin bars are perfect for a last minute grab out the door in the morning!
I’ve decided that I need a nanny.
No I don’t have any children, I need one for me. To pick up after me and get me out the door on time.
I might need two. One to do all of that and one to clean up my kitchen messes.
Can you get adult nannies?
I’m very good at making messes. A self-proclaimed expert in fact. But I lack in my cleaning up the mess skills. Making a mess is tiring and requires so much energy and concentration that I’m just too exhausted by the time I’ve created the perfect mess to do any cleaning up.
Any professional neat-freaks out there who wanna tag-team?
I made these breakfast bars over the weekend, along with about nine other really delicious things and my kitchen was a disaster. Scratch that. It still is a disaster. I’m still recouping from the baking mayhem.
These were fantastic when they cooled off, but I tried warming one up the next morning before heading out the door and it was pretty amazing that way too! Mmmmmmm, can it be breakfast all day long please??
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- juice of one orange
- ⅔ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg white, beaten
- ½ cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspsoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease an 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt. Stir in melted butter and orange juice. Press into prepared pan.
- Mix together greek yogurt and sugar. Stir in flour, vanilla, cinnamon, and egg white and mix well. Gently stir in Craisins and optional white chocolate chips. Spread filling over crust.
- Mix together oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in chilled butter with pastry knife or two forks. Crumble topping over filling.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool and cut into bars. Store in airtight container.