Peanut Butter Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Soft and chewy peanut butter oatmeal cookies, loaded with peanut butter chips!
Just because Christmas is “officially over” doesn’t mean that cookie season is. I bake cookies all year round. Plus, New Years is coming up and we always have scads of cookies, brownies, pastries, pies, and other desserts to munch on allllll night long. My family is a big fan of sugar treats. And options. You will never see just one dessert on the table at our family gatherings. We have six or seven, at least. I think we had eleven on Christmas Eve. Like I said, we like our desserts, and we like our options.
These cookies are SO good! The name says it all: Peanut Butter Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. So we are talking big chewy peanut butter cookies with oats (which enhances the chewiness) and loaded with peanut butter chips. How heavenly is that?? Peanut butter lovers will go nuts for these! (Ha! Nuts….because they’re peaNUT butter cookies…) My husband loved them, my in laws loved them, I definitely loved them. Go fix a quick batch of these chewy peanut butter babies, you will love them too!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine, flour, baking soda, salt, and oats and whisk to mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in peanut butter. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in peanut butter chips. Scoop 1-1/2 rounded tablespoons of dough and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet about 2 minutes. Use a metal spatula to gently remove cookies and allow to finish cooling on wire racks. Store in airtight container