Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie – One big ooey gooey peanut butter oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips, baked in a cast iron skillet!
I dated a guy in college who was absolutely convinced that his father had the single best cookie dough recipe in the entire universe. That’s a pretty big claim. The whole universe? Really. I mean that’s just silly, have you tried every cookie dough recipe in the universe?
But when someone makes that kind of claim, you’ve gotta find out for yourself if it’s true. In your mind you’re thinking, there’s no way this could actually be the best cookie dough recipe in the universe, what are the odds that this person would have discovered it and that I would meet them and be introduced to this almighty cookie dough…
But you try it anyway, cause you just gotta know.
So I tried this so called best ever in the universe cookie dough annnnnnd…… it was good. Really really good. Eat a whole bowl with a spoon, lick it when you’re finished, make another batch before the sun goes down good. Now, I have a hard time saying things like “best in the universe” cause, well what if I find a better recipe the next week? I’d feel so foolish and dishonest! But I will say this…. that cookie dough was the best in the universe I had ever tried to that point in my life. I really was ah-mazing.
That exact cookie dough will have to be shared another day, but I bring it up today because it’s responsible for some of the inspiration behind this Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie. I like chocolate chip cookies. And heaven knows I love my peanut butter. But when you take the two, smash em together, throw chewy old fashioned oats into the mix and top it all with creamy vanilla ice cream? Heaven people, heaven. As in, this Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie will be in my heaven.
- 1¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and oats and stir to combine. In a larger bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently press cookie dough into prepared skillet. *leave about ½ inch around the outside of the dough to allow for spreading, and make sure your cookie dough is not taller than the skillet, it will rise.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream.