Creamy and rich pumpkin nog (kid friendly & egg-free)! is perfect for the holiday season, made with simple, wholesome ingredients like milk and puréed pumpkin.
Tis the season for all things creamylicious and sweet! I feel like I hit a pretty good balance of nutritious and decadent both in my life, and here on Creme de la Crumb. Today is a decadent day. Because it’s Wednesday and because, well I’m just craving creamy pumpkin goodness right now so darn it, I’m having myself a glass of homemade pumpkin-nog made with real milk! With whipped cream and probably a little caramel.
This sweet treat is easy to whip up with ingredients I keep stocked on the regular like wholesome and naturally nutrient-rich milk. While this drink is creamy and decadent, I feel better about enjoying this sweet treat given the inclusion of milk, a simple ingredient. Plus pumpkin purée, which believe it or not, I actually do keep in my house all year round. I stock up in the Fall to make sure I’ve got some on hand in case the craving for pumpkin hits hard mid-spring. That being said, it never tastes quite as good as it does when my Autumn wreath is on the door and I’m wearing a sweater.
This kid-friendly fun and festive holiday drink is the perfect way to get your pumpkin fix this season!
- 2½ cups fat free milk
- 4 tablespoons real maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving if desired
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons sugar free instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup canned light whipping cream
- Optional sugar free caramel sauce (for serving)
- Combine milk, maple syrup, pumpkin purée, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, and ginger in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Stir in instant vanilla pudding. Cover and chill until thickened slightly.
- Serve immediately, cold, or transfer to a sauce pan and heat until hot throughout. Top with ¼ cup whipped cream and, if desired, 1 tablespoon caramel sauce. Garnish with additional pumpkin pie spice for serving and serve.