Rocky Road S’mores Bars – Rocky road meets s’mores in these delicious bars with a graham cracker crust, and a dense brownie center!
Who says you can’t have s’mores all year round. It does not have to be Summer/camping weather/girl scout cookie-selling season for you to enjoy a s’more, trust me I know. When I’m really really craving a s’more and there’s no campfire in sight, I find a way. Be it by pine-scented candle or electric stove, I will satisfy my s’more craving.
Of course, if you’re feeling up to it (and you are, it is SO easy) you should really make these Rocky Road S’mores Bars. They are truly oh-my-gosh-so-good-I-could-cry. Really, I shed a tear. I had completely noble intentions of sharing these with all of my family and friends but….. the only people besides myself that tasted these beauties was one friend and my husband. I mostly inhaled them myself. And I didn’t even want to share the recipe before they were completely gone for fear someone might ask if I still had some to share. . . I’m so selfish!
These ridiculously tasty little guys come together in three simple no-fuss steps.
Step 1: The Crust. A sweet and salty graham cracker crust that is in a word: perfection. Pop that in the oven for 10 minutes.
Step 2: The Brownie. Oh the dense fudgey brownie that cannot be out-done. Let that thick chocolatey brownie layer cook through and then….
Step 3: The Topping. Scatter some peanuts, milk chocolate chips, and marshmallows on top… toast em up for 2 minutes and you’re done. That’s that. Rocky Road S’mores Bar heaven.
- 12 full graham cracker sheets
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 16 tablespoons butter (1 cup)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half (or milk of choice)
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8x8 inch pan with foil and spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- In a blender or food processor add graham crackers and pulse until fine crumbs form. Add sugar and pulse 2-3 more times. Add butter and continue to pulse until mixture comes together. Press evenly into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the brownie layer. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips together, stirring throughout until smooth. Remove from heat and transfer chocolate mixture to a large bowl. Stir in vanilla, eggs, flour, brown sugar, half and half, and salt and mix until combined. Pour mixture over baked graham cracker crust and bake 35-45 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven. Scatter mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and peanuts over brownie layer. Switch oven to low broil. Return pan oven and WATCH VERY CLOSELY for about 2-3 minutes until marshmallows are toasted. (BE CAREFUL NOT TO LET THEM BURN!) Remove from oven and chill until completely cool, then cut into bars and store in airtight container at room temperature.
S’mores lover? Try these next!