Cheesy nachos topped with seasoned steak, peppers, jalapeños, and spicy southwest ranch! Tailgating just got so much tastier!
I’m beyond excited to announce exactly what this recipe is for today. I’ve teamed up with Frito-Lay to participate in the Frito-Lay Nacho Throwdown! Each of the participating bloggers have created a unique nacho and will compete in head-to-head match ups for 4 weeks. The best part? YOU get to decide the winner! You can vote on the Frito-Lay website starting Monday, September 15th! And my birthday is this weekend, so just keep that in mind when you’re casting your votes. 😉 Kidding! But really. Check out all of the nacho recipes and vote for your favorite! Oh and you can enter the contest too! Just share your favorite nacho recipe on instagram with hashtag #FritoLayKickoffEntry to be entered into the sweepstakes and for chances to win awesome prizes!
Alrighty then, are you ready to talk Southwestern steak n’ ranch nachos?? Game-day snacks & recipes are as traditional as team chants and lucky jerseys. For my family, game-day isn’t game-day without some good eats. Nachos have to be at the top of my list for favorite sporting event snacks. But then, if you top anything with cheese, steak, and jalapeños, I’m 110% on board.
In the past, the cheese has always been my favorite part of the chips, I’m always digging through the stack to find the ultra-cheesiest chips. For these nachos, the cheese, it’s great, I mean it’s cheese for heaven’s sake. But the real excitement is in the sauce, that Southwestern ranch you see dripping all over the chips. That is what you’ll be aiming for, the sauciest chips piled high with peppers and steak. These are so good you HAVE to make them!
- 1 large bag corn chips (I used Tostitos brand restaurant style tortilla chips)
- 1 pound skirt steak or flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 chipotle pepper packed in adobo sauce (found near the jalapeños at most grocery stores)
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- optional: ⅓ cup sliced jalapeños
- Spread chips out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425.
- Sprinkle cheese over chips, then bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Spray a large pan or skillet with cooking spray. Add steak and sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, salt, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Saute 5-6 minutes until steak is no longer pink.
- Remove cheesy chips from oven and top with cooked steak. Scatter diced peppers over steak.
- Puree ranch and chipotle pepper until smooth. Drizzle over nachos. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Add jalapeños if desired.
What’s your favorite game-day treat or snack?? Show your team pride by celebrating and making America’s Favorite Snacks part of your tradition! And don’t forget to VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE NACHO RECIPE on Monday September 15th (ooh, pick me!) Bring game-day party and traditions to life this season with TOSTITOS brand products and RUFFLES potato chips! 0