Thai peanut chicken & zucchini noodle bowls are quick and easy to make, healthy, and incredibly tasty.
I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to get my hands on a spiralizer. Ignorance was not bliss, ignorance was a whole lot of years missing the joy of spiralized e.ver.y.thing. and it’s almost like I new deep down that I needed one because so many times I’d put one in my online shopping cart and just never execute the purchase. Why? No clue you guys, no clue. Except that I think I had this weird thought running through the back in my mind that maybe spiralizing was a fad and I didn’t want to conform.
News Flash: not a fad. Just plain, utter genius.
This dish is a variation on one I’ve made many times – a simple grilled chicken and noodle bowl topped with creamy Thai peanut sauce. Sometimes I throw in veggies, sometimes I skip em, sort of depends on what’s in my fridge. But today we are ditching the traditional noodles and doing the zucchini noodle thang and I’m all about it.
And this is the part where I sell you on this recipe by telling you about how much my husband loved it – a person who typically would shy away from anything resembling a noodle but is not made with flour and water. I know I’ve used this tactic before but there is power in knowing that someone who wouldn’t normally be expected to like a dish ends up loving it, right? For example, I personally hate spaghetti with red sauce. Hate it. So if I ever share a spaghetti and red sauce recipe on this blog you’ll know it’s DANG good.
I feel like a spaghetti that good is many years off so for today let’s fall in love with zucchini noodles and peppers topped with chicken and the most addictive, creamy peanut sauce you could ever dream of. Mmkay?
Don’t have a spiralizer?? This is the one I use! —>
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantr, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- sesame seeds (optional)
- lime wedges, for serving
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Drizzle a large skillet with oil and bring to medium heat on stove. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken to pan and cook 4-6 minutes on each side until browned on the outside and cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board or platter and allow to rest.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Steam or boil zucchini noodles and pepper til just tender (you can also put them in a large bowl and microwave them for about 2-3 minutes for a shortcut!)
- Assemble bowls with zucchini noodles and peppers on the bottom. Dice chicken and assemble on top of zucchini and peppers. Drizzle sauce over the top and sprinkle with cilantro, peanuts, and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing on top if desired.
This post contains affiliate links for products I use in my own cooking and recommend for others looking for a similar product.