Sweet and spicy pizza with a quick and incredibly yummy homemade Thai chili sauce and juicy pork! This pizza is AMAZING!!!
Lately I’ve been very into pizza and mixing things up with different sauces and toppings. I’m basically head over heels in love with the sauce on this Thai pizza. Sweet and spicy chili sauce – it’s absolutely mouth wateringly delish. I could eat it with a spoon. Oh wait…. I did eat it with a spoon.
If you’ve got a couple cups of shredded pork leftover from another midweek recipe just sitting in your fridge dying to be reinvented, use it for this pizza. But if you don’t happen to have some already made, just use my really simple shredded pork recipe I’ve listed below for you. Just a couple of ingredients and it’s no-fuss since you just throw it all in the slow cooker. Perfectly juicy and tender pork, ready for just about anything – especially this thai pork pizza.
Forget all about your typical pizza sauces for a second and go out on a limb. You need to have a slice of this pizza with the best-ever Thai sweet chili sauce. Just a warning, you may never go back to regular red sauce again. This stuff is so good you’ll want to eat it straight up, with or without pizza! But really, put it on pizza. With shredded pork. And lots of cilantro. You’re gonna thank me later.
- 1 homemade or store-bought pizza crust
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce (see recipe below)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded pork (use leftover pork or use slow cooker recipe below)
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1½ teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup white vinegar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup water + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound pork roast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- If using slow cooker pork recipe, add water to slow cooker. Add pork to slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with seasonings. Cook on high 4 hours or low 8 hours. Drain slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- To prepare chili sauce, in a small sauce pan whisk together all ingredients except for 2 tablespoons water and the corn starch. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. In a small bowl combine remaining 2 tablespoons water and corn starch and whisk until dissolved. When sauce comes to a boil, add water/cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven, spread sweet chili sauce over crust. Top with mozzarella cheese, and then shredded pork. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Return to oven for about 10 minutes until cheese is melty and pizza crust is lightly browned. Slice and serve while still hot, enjoy!