Thin mint crust topped with a thick cheesecake layer and finished off with crushed thin mint cookies and chocolate sauce.
Oh heaven. These bars you guys. These mega-yummy cheesecake bars. You need them.
These cheesecake bars start with a thin mint cookie base that is finger-lickin-good. Then pile on a thick and creamy cheesecake layer which can be flavored with vanilla extract or mint, depending on your personal preference. Top that off with chocolate sauce and, of course, more chocolate n’ mint cookies for the ultimate treat. They’re so easy to make and seriously so good so pleeeeease make them. And then bring me one or seven.
- 34 thin mint cookies (see note!)
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla OR ¾ teaspoon mint extract
- 2-3 drops of green food coloring (optional)
- optional topping: additional crushed thin mints and chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Add thin mint cookies, sugar, and butter to a food processor or blender and pulse until blended. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of your prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool while you make cheesecake layer.
- Whisk together the egg and sugar until light and foamy. Add cream cheese and vanilla (or mint) extract and green food coloring (if desired) and mix until smooth. Pour mixture over crust. Return to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until cheesecake layer is set. (You can gently wiggle the pan to see if the cheesecake is set - it shouldn't jiggle when it's done)
- Allow pan to cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to fridge to finish cooling completely (at least one hour). Cut into bars, top with chocolate sauce and crushed thin mint cookies and serve.
Prep time does not include one hour of chilling time.