A creamy classic gets a twist in this bacon avocado egg salad! This easy, family favorite is SO tasty, it will be your go-to egg salad recipe.
I’m obsessed. Seriously, honestly, totally over the moon crazy for this egg salad recipe. I never considered myself too much of an egg salad fan until this happened and now it’s an all day every day kind of intense craving that just won’t go away.
And really, I’m okay with that. Because this bacon avocado egg salad takes less than 15 minutes to whip up and my sandwich routine has been in dire need of a tasty change as of late.
I’m in this sort of awkward sweet spot where I’m thinking man, I really wish my kids would eat something other than peanut butter and jelly because this would blow their minds – but on the other hand, more for me so…
If you’re already an egg salad love, this is going to be an instant winner in your book – you just can’t beat the flavors here! I mean savory, semi-crisp bacon and fresh avocado in the creamiest egg salad everrrrr is just a no-brainer.
If you, like me, grew up thinking eggs, mayo, and mustard had no business living between your slices of lunch bread, well this is going to be a game changer for you. Say goodbye to your boring lunch/dinner/snack routine, this creamy, super flavorful egg salad will be your new favorite thing since sliced bread.
Coincidentally, it goes perfectly with sliced bread.
Bacon Avocado Egg Salad
- 8 hard boiled eggs - roughly chopped
- 1 avocado - diced
- 3 strips bacon - cooked til almost crispy, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ⅓ cup reduced fat mayo
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper - or to taste
- juice of ¼ lemon - (about 2-3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice)
- optional: ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- sliced bread or croissant, for serving
- In a large bowl combine eggs, avocado, bacon, mayo, dijon mustard, and seasonings and stir to combine.
- Spread egg mixture generously on bread or croissant and serve as a sandwich OR serve rolled in a soft flour tortilla as a wrap.