Baked honey cilantro lime salmon in foil is cooked to tender, flaky perfection in just 30 minutes with a flavorful garlic and honey lime glaze.
Does cooking fish seem like an overwhelming task to you? If you haven’t cooked fish before, this is the perfect baked salmon recipe to get you hooked on cooking fish! It’s as simple and easy as a recipe could possibly be, yet so, SO incredibly tasty.
How tasty you ask? Tasty enough to make my father say it’s as good, or even better, than the best restaurant salmon he’s ever tried. And that’s saying something because my father is a life-long lover and restaurant order-er of salmon. This 30-minute meal will turn salmon skeptics into salmon lovers and will win a permanent spot on your regular menu.
Why This Recipe Works
The glaze — All of the flavor comes from a simple, 4-ingredient glaze that will Blow. Your. Mind. Seriously — I’m obsessed with this combination of flavors: melted butter, garlic, freshly squeezed lime juice, and honey. Just pour that good stuff over the honey salmon, wrap it in foil, and bake it to flaky, tender perfection.
Easy cleanup — Cleanup is a breeze! Reuse that foil to wrap up any leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch, or toss the whole thing right in the garbage — no pan scrubbing required.
Feeds a crew — This salmon easily feeds my family with leftovers. Or it feeds my family and my parents, so you know it’s good to feed those surprise guests, too.
Great for leftovers — I have been known to make this baked salmon in foil for no one but myself. I make it on Sunday and eat it all week long for lunches. Great on Greek salads, over pasta, or in a wrap.
Here’s How You Make It
Are you ready to bake up the best baked salmon of your entire life? Let’s get to it!
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. If you don’t have foil, or don’t want to use it, no worries, just grease a large baking sheet and proceed to the next steps.
- Lay the salmon on the foil/baking sheet and season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place lime slices under the salmon (so you get that lime taste from under and above the salmon!).
- Next, stir the butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic together. Pour this mixture over the salmon and fold up the sides of the foil over the salmon. If the sides don’t touch, it’s okay.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then change the oven over to “broil” and cook the salmon another 5 minutes under the broiler.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro, if desired.
Do You Bake Salmon Covered or Uncovered?
Whether or not you bake salmon covered or uncovered depends on the recipe. I bake it uncovered so that it develops a nice, crisp top from baking then broiling. If you close it up in foil, it will steam rather than bake.
Do You Have to Wash Salmon Before Cooking?
You don’t have to wash your salmon, but I do give mine a little rinse under cold water and then pat dry with a paper towel before putting it on the baking sheet. This helps to “freshen” up older (not expired, but not just-caught-from-the-ocean, either) fish and makes your seasonings stick to the honey salmon better for cooking.
- If you don’t have a huge salmon fillet, don’t worry about it. This baked salmon recipe works for a large salmon or a couple of medium-sized fillets, or even several small fillets. Just watch the cooking of smaller pieces so that they don’t overcook.
- Salmon already has a high fat content and can cook in its own fat just fine if you don’t want to add all the butter. Cut the butter back to just 4 tablespoons and it’ll still taste amazing — if not quite as buttery.
- Be sure to bake the salmon skin-side down (if yours has skin) and leave the skin on. The skin creates a barrier between the cooking element and the flesh. So, if anything happens to stick to the baked salmon in foil, it’ll be the skin, and it’ll also be so easy to take right off once baked.
- If you aren’t cooking one big fillet, try to cook up smaller pieces or fillets that are about the same size, that way you won’t overcook some and undercook others.
- To help the seasonings stick to the salmon, pat the salmon dry before adding salt and pepper. That will make the skin get crispy too, and help keep the salmon moist.
More Salmon Recipes
In the mood for more salmon? Try these recipes for Sesame Glazed Salmon and Asparagus, Garlic Dijon Shrimp and Salmon Foil Pack, Baked Lemon Parmesan Salmon and Asparagus, and Baked Thai Pineapple Salmon.
- Baked Salmon with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Best Easy Healthy Baked Salmon
- Honey Lime Salmon with Mango Salsa
- Herb Butter Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs
Baked Honey Cilantro Lime Salmon in Foil
- 1 large salmon fillet - (see note)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- ½ cup butter - melted (see note)
- juice of 2 limes - (plus one lime, thinly sliced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ⅓ cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a large baking sheet with foil. Lay salmon on foil and season with salt and pepper on both sides to taste. Slip lime slices underneath the salmon.
- Stir together butter, lime juice, honey, and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon. Fold sides of foil up over the salmon (don’t worry if it doesn’t cover the salmon completely).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Switch oven to broil and cook another 5 minutes. Sprinkle chopped cilantro over the top and serve.
full of world best recepies Many people dream of a single control that only makes things sound better – and although Soundtheorys Gullfoss is not that easy, despite only five user parameters and a manual that is only one page long, it can lead to extraordinary results. The plug-in is currently only available for Mac OS in AU, VST and AAX formats. It comes with computerized authorization and a number of other online authorizations that allow you to install Gullfoss on multiple computers. For online permissions, the computer must be connected to the Internet while in use, and only one of them can be used at a time.
Outstanding! I utilized fresh wild
sockeye Salmon, so easy to make and I loved the flavor of lime, garlic, honey and cilantro. definitely a repeat dinner. I would love to try it on some fresh King Salmon.
Good recepies,keep it up,checkout mine also- movielaundry
SO EXCELLENT. This was my first time making salmon and this recipie coulnt be better. my entire family is obssesed with it and i make it all the time now, thank you so much!
Along with Facebook, We also love Instagram. Girls like to share their bikini pictures on Instagram. Along with pictures, they need some best beach captions. But don’t worry.https://freshshayari.com/captions-for-boys