This simple and tasty Baked Parmesan Creamed Corn is a delicious twist on one of your favorite holiday side dishes. Mix, bake to golden perfection, and on the table in less than an hour!
Do you plan your holiday dinners early like I do? I prefer to be on the ball. But I realize that’s not for everyone. Whether you plan early or plan the night before, one dish you have to get on your table is this Baked Parmesan Creamed Corn recipe. It’s to die for.
Parmesan and creamed corn were meant to be baked together into a holiday casserole. It’s creamy, a little sweet and a little savory, with cheesiness and a crunchy buttery cracker topping…everything you could ever dream of in the perfect holiday side dish!
Why This Recipe Works
There are so many reasons why this creamed corn dish works, and here are just a few.
Canned corn — There’s no shame in using canned ingredients! None at all. They taste great and half the work is already done for you when you use them. Use a quality brand if you can for the best-tasting corn.
Easy clean up — You mix everything together in one bowl and bake it in another. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Crackers and butter — Don’t skip this step! This dish is topped with crushed crackers and drizzled with butter to form that delicious, crispy crust that totally makes this dish over-the-top delicious!
Pantry staples — In addition to canned corn, this dish also uses other simple ingredients like eggs, flour, salt, garlic powder, crackers, and Parmesan. If you don’t have these on hand, you can easily find them at any local grocery store.
Here’s How You Make It
All you need is one hour and a few simple ingredients to pull this dish off this holiday season.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then grease an oven-safe baking or casserole dish.
- Get out a large bowl and stir together the creamed corn, whole kernel corn, the flour, eggs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sugar.
- Pour this entire mixture into the prepared baking dish, then sprinkle parmesan cheese all over the top.
- Put the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Take the dish out of the oven, sprinkle the crushed crackers over the top, then drizzle melted butter over the top of the crackers.
- Finally, pop the dish back in the oven to bake for another 5 minutes or until the crackers are browned. Allow the dish to cool slightly before serving. Top with more grated parmesan cheese if desired.
What Is Canned Creamed Corn?
Canned creamed corn is made of whole corn as well as a milky soup made up of the pulp of kernels that were scraped from the cob. It’s made from sweet corn and is almost soup-like in consistency.
There is no actual “cream” in the can of creamed corn. The “cream” comes from the blending up or pulping of the corn.
What Does Creamed Corn Go With?
Creamed corn goes great in this dish with the Parmesan and of course those golden, buttery crackers with more butter drizzled on top, but there are way more things you can add to creamed corn to customize it to your liking.
- Add cooked bacon to this creamed corn recipe. Just chop and stir in before baking.
- Add in some fresh herbs in the dish like chives, green onions, or dill.
- Kick this dish up a notch by adding some cooked diced onions or bell peppers (or both) to the mixture before baking.
- Switch up the cheese by adding in cheddar, monterey jack, or another shaved hard cheese instead of Parm.
- If you’re not into bacon, diced ham or pancetta will work really well in this dish too.
- Diced cherry tomatoes are ah-mazing in this holiday side with the corn and garlic and butter — yum!!
How Do You Thicken Creamed Corn?
Want your creamed corn a little less…creamy? Then make a slurry using equal parts water and cornstarch. Stir together, then add it to the creamed corn. Mix, and then add to the recipe as instructed or simmer over low heat until the corn thickens to desired consistency.
- Swap in frozen corn for canned whole corn if you have it on hand or that’s what you prefer. It will add a bit more texture to the dish and has the option of less sodium too.
- Store leftover creamed corn casserole for up to 4 days in the fridge or 4 months in the freezer in an airtight container.
More Tasty Side Dish Recipes
- BEST EVER Green Bean Casserole
- 1 Hour Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Apple Cranberry Salad
- The Ultimate Sweet Potato Casserole
Did you make this Baked Parmesan Creamed Corn? YAY! Please rate the recipe below!
Baked Parmesan Creamed Corn
- 2 cans Cream Style Canned Corn
- 1 can Whole Kernel Sweet Corn - drained
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper - or to taste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup crushed buttery crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- grated parmesan - (the canned kind), optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking/casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. (Remove from oven, sprinkle crushed crackers over the top, then drizzle with melted butter.)
- Bake for another 5 minutes until crackers are browned. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Top with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe post is in partnership with Libby’s Canned Vegetables. Be sure to follow Libby’s on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for more great recipe ideas!