Blueberry Avocado Quinoa Salad – A tasty quinoa salad with fresh blueberries and avocados, crumbled feta, and a lightened up creamy poppyseed dressing!
What is it with avocados? Fruity, spicy, creamy, chunky, they can do anything. So versatile. How many veggies can you pair with fruits? Or is it because avocados are fruit….? That’s always thrown me off. Should have been there when someone told me that tomatoes were a fruit. I was all up in arms about that one. (They ARE a veggie-table. Case closed.)
This Blueberry Avocado Quinoa Salad is so light and fresh-tasting, it just screams spriiiiiiiiiing! Okay I know, Spring doesn’t officially start til the 21st of March or something like that but… I can’t wait any longer! I declare that it is Spring right this moment. Bust out the flip flops, pack away your knee-highs (boots that is, the socks can stay), it is green grass mowing, frisbee throwing, Blueberry Avocado Quinoa Salad season.
Blueberry Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon fat free sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (I used fat free half and half)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppyseeds
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Toss together cooked quinoa, avocados, blueberries, and feta cheese. Serve chilled or at room temperature with poppyseed dressing.