Blueberry Balsamic Pork Chops – Savory broiled balsamic pork chops topped with sweet blueberry sauce! The perfect savory sweet combination!
Thanksgiving is in full swing around here. My brother and his family are in town and unfortunately, are leaving the morning of Thanksgiving Day. So we had Thanksgiving dinner round one last night. Lots of turkey, lot’s of gravy, and lots of jello. Have I mentioned that my mother is the best cook evveeerrrr? She is.
I can’t decide if my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner at my parents’ is the mashed potatoes, candied yams, or two-day brined turkey. It’s all amazing. And as long as it’s all covered in my mother’s drool-worthy dark gravy, I could eat it alllllllll day long. And, I do.
I’m not usually a pork-eater, unless it’s really really really good. And this pork, is that good. The balsamic marinade adds so much flavor to the pork chops, savory and so delicious! But the whole dish is taken to a new level when you top it with the blueberry sauce. That’s when you get the savory sweet combo I love so much. Blueberries and balsamic make an incredibly tasty combination and these broiled pork chops are the perfect way to celebrate these amazing flavors!
What people are saying about these Blueberry Balsamic Pork Chops
“Well. This FLEW!!!!! So simple and astronomically delicious! I served this with lemon pepper broccoli, creamy whipped and herb and garlic mash, and the sauce was so loved that it ended up on ice cream for dessert. Thank you! This will not go astray.” – Carla
“Made this for dinner earlier this week and we adore this dish. Extremely simple; comes together in a flash and has amazing unique flavors. It is a great way to throw a lil curve ball into our dinner rotation! We will be making this again very soon ” – Meg
Blueberry Balsamic Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- To prepare marinade, combine balsamic vinegar, water, garlic, and next four ingredients in a bowl and whisk til smooth. Pour marinade in to a large ziplock bag and add pork chops. Seal bag and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Set oven to broil. Line a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Remove marinated pork chops from bag and discard marinade. Lay pork chops on baking sheet so that they are not touching. Cook 8 minutes on each side. Cut into the center of one pork chop to check doneness. If desired, cook longer for more well-done meat.
- While meat is cooking, add blueberry sauce ingredients to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until 3/4 of liquid is gone, be sure to stir periodically. Top cooked pork chops with blueberry sauce.