Blueberry Crumble Oatmeal – A simple blueberry oatmeal with a to-die-for crumble! It’s like a cross between a bakery muffin and your favorite coffee cake!
There was a time when I was a non-breakfast eater. Except for Christmas morning and the “breakfast dinner” nights we had periodically when I was growing up. Once I discovered my inner love for the most important meal of the day, I went on a rampage of breakfast-food-sampling. Through this journey I discovered a few things about myself. For example, I learned that I really love oatmeal. Both the hot n’ ready variety, and the overnight chilled versions. The hot and delicious Blueberry Crumble Oatmeal is my new love.
This is like a cross between a big bakery-style blueberry muffin and your favorite fluffy Sunday morning coffee cake. So. Dang. Good. And so easy! Let me walk you through it…
Step 1) Cook the oatmeal.
Step 2) Make the Crumble and sprinkle it on top.
Step 3) Devour Blueberry Crumble Oatmeal goodness.
————> Inevitable Step 4) Have one heck of a good day. 🙂
What people are saying about this Blueberry Crumble Oatmeal
“WOW! Made this for breakfast twice when I had a friend staying for the weekend. I love my porridge but this was just phenomenally good. I used blackberries the second day and it was equally amazing. Definitely saving this!” – Anna
Blueberry Crumble Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup water (or milk)
- 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- Add oats and water (or milk) to a medium sauce pan and bring to a gently boil. Reduce to low heat and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes, stirring throughout, until oatmeal is cooked and fluffy. Transfer to a microwave safe serving bowl and stir in blueberries.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon and whisk to combine. Add chilled butter and mash with a fork until fine crumbs form. Sprinkle crumble over oatmeal and microwave 20-25 seconds. Serve warm.