Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.
Peanut butter anyone? Peanut butter and oatmeal? With milk chocolate chips?? Here have one. Or two. Or maybe five. Okay, I didn’t have five. But I did have three right in a row.
The hubby is out of town. Do you know what that means? That means that it was just me and a bag of giant milk chocolate chips having a stare down in an otherwise empty kitchen. I’d had a huge bowl of piping hot oatmeal for breakfast that was D-licious, and a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, but just didn’t get enough of the two I guess because although I set out to make a batch of good old chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal and peanut butter somehow made it into the mix.
And thank goodness. Because like I said… I didn’t stop at one. It may have been the bit of emptiness I felt from being home alllll alone today, or the dreaded summer math class I am starting tonight (oh mercy…) but these cookies did a fantastic job of lifting my spirits. The best part is how chewy they are. Mmmmm, ever so chewy. DON’T overbake them! I made that mistake with half of the batch and sadly they got a little too crunchy for my liking. But the half that I was more careful with turned out perfectly soft yet firm. Now get a move on and make some for yourself!
Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup big milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars and mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl whisk together baking soda, salt, flour, corn starch, and oats. Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Add peanut butter and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and spread evenly.
- Scoop 1 1/2 inch dollops onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until edges begin to brown and centers are barely set. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.