Chili Lime Steak Tacos – These fresh and flavorful tacos are perfect for a stress-free weeknight dinner – plus they are ready to eat in just 20 minutes!
My husband and I have a deep love for steak tacos. But really good steak tacos are not that easy to come by. When we first started dating he took me to a restaurant called the Mayan. They weren’t known for their food though, they were known for the ambiance. The whole place was basically an ancient rain forest/mayan temple with real-life divers and a waterfall. Very cool.
While everyone else made reservations at the Mayan for the environment, we went for the steak tacos.
Those steak tacos were pretty good. But nothing compared to the ones we found at this little no-name joint in Schaumburg Illinois. We were only in town for two weeks, but that didn’t stop us from eating the same meal at the same restaurant four times.
What can we say, we know what we like.
I haven’t tasted those tacos in two years, so I can’t really say whether these ones taste even remotely similar. But I can tell you that they are absolutely amazing! We loved them, and like I said, we know our steak tacos in this house. What you’ll never believe is how simple and quick these are. Perfect for a mid-week pick me up at the end of a long day with a little kick to get you through to the weekend!
Chili Lime Steak Tacos
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice (plus more for serving)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- In a small bowl mix together garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, onion powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place steak pieces in a large bowl with 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice and toss to coat. Add seasoning mixture and toss to coat all steak pieces. Heat a large skillet or nonstick pan over medium high heat and cook steak until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons black beans on one tortilla. Add 1 tablespoon chopped onion and 1-2 tablespoons avocado pieces. Top with steak and chopped cilantro. Repeat with remaining tacos. Serve with lime wedges.