The perfect combination of creamy, spicy, and delicious. This Creamy Chipotle Pasta Salad will have you drooling before you even take your first bite.
This week also brought a holiday for us locals around here, so of course a barbecue ensued. With burgers. And dogs. And this really really really good pasta that I contributed.
I wanted to bring something a little different than the usual pasta salad drizzled in bottled Italian dressing. Which has been a favorite barbecue dish in the past and I’m a big fan. But what I really wanted was a pasta with a little kick.
This pasta salad was super flavorful and tasty. Everyone loved it and even the hubby was craving it the next day for lunch. Did I mention it was easy? You can even throw it together the night before. In fact, I recommend it. Because the flavors will have that much more time to mingle and get to know one another. And that’s a very good thing. Really wishing I still had some of this pasta now!
Creamy Chipotle Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta, dry
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 2-3 bell peppers, diced (I used red, yellow, and green)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 chipotle pepper, in adobo sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and allow to cool. To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in your food processor and pulse 1-2 minutes or until smooth and creamy and chipotle pepper has been well pureed into dressing.
- Pour dressing over noodles and toss to coat. Stir in cucumber, avocados, peppers, and onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Allow to chill at least one hour or overnight for best results before serving.