Frosted Pumpkin Rice Krispies – A perfect holiday spin on your favorite rice crispy treat recipe! The pumpkin spice really gives them a festive mood!
Did you know that KRAFT makes pumpkin spice marshmallows??
I had no idea! But believe you me, the wheels are turnin’ and I am coming up with alllll sorts of wild ideas for those puffy little pumpkin-shaped marshmallow guys.
(Like um, s’mores for one. . . SHHHH!)
And now I will take the opportunity to ask for your forgiveness.
What is this, pumpkin recipe number three in the past week? Let’s see. . . Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Ice Cream Sandwiches. . . Puffy Pumpkin Waffles. . . yep! Number three. I swear that not every third recipe from now til New Years will be pumpkin. I really promise. It’s just this week. Or couple of weeks. I mean, have you tried to use up one of those big cans of pumpkin in one or two recipes? ITS HARD!
Granted, this recipe doesn’t actually call for pumpkin purree, but these rice krispies are actually what started this whole pumpkin kick. And I finally ran out, so just grin and bear it and know that the end is very very near.
After one more post. 😉
Frosted Pumpkin Rice Krispies
- 4 cups rice krispies cereal
- 1 bag pumpkin spice marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter with corn syrup and marshmallows over medium heat. Stir in pudding mix, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. When ingredients are well mixed and smooth, remove from heat and pour over cereal. Mix with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Scrape cereal mixture into a greased 8x8 pan. Allow to cool slightly. Spread frosting on top. In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over frosting. Allow to set for 10-15 minutes or until ready to serve. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container.