Six wonderful layers mold together to make this delicious Golden Oreo & Caramel Frozen Layer Dessert.
I may or may not have eaten some of this incredible dessert for breakfast.
I mean, I started out with perfectly “healthy” intentions. I had some greek yogurt with half of a banana. Totally acceptable.
But then I made the mistake of looking in the freezer for something shortly after.
And this breath taking yumminess was staring me down, screaming…
Eat me. Do it!!!
It was just two bites. I had a little bit of self control.
Thankfully, because I made it for a family function. And without that little bit of self control I’m pretty sure I would have shown up empty handed.
But I’m thinking I’ll have to make it again with a new purpose.
Because although it may have been slightly less healthy than my fiber one cereal hiding in the cupboard, that really was a stellar morning treat.
Care to join me?
But let’s talk about why I loved this dessert.
Do you see those layers? Have I mentioned lately that I am crazy for layers? Because I am. And this dessert has layers of deliciousness.
The caramel drizzle on top and the coarse crushed cookies on top give it some great texture and with a little bit of a crunch.
On top of a thick layer of sugary whipped cream. Mmmmm.
And under that? More Caramel! A lot more caramel. The top was just a little teaser. The real caramel layer is between the whipped cream and the vanilla ice cream.
And all of these layers are stacked on top of the most incredible cookie crust I have ever, ever tasted in my life. Ever.
So. Amazing!!! I feel like Golden Oreos have been the secret to the perfect crust and I’m just now stumbling upon this little treasure. I’ll be making a few more desserts with these bad boys starring in the crust, that’s for sure.
And now you see why I love this dessert. The layers just get me deep down. And the flavors.
The combination of the caramel, vanilla, and Golden Oreo cookies…… BIG TIME WINNER!
Please please please, I’m begging you. Make this. Today.
Golden Oreo Frozen Layer Dessert
- 1 package Golden Oreos
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 carton vanilla ice cream
- 1 jar caramel topping
- 4 ounces whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Take your ice cream out of the freezer and allow to soften while you prepare the crust.
- Add 20 oreos to your food processor and process on high until oreos are finely crushed. Add melted butter and pulse 20-30 seconds. Use a rubber spatula to spread cookie mixture to the bottom of an 8x8 inch pan.
- When ice cream is soft enough to scoop easily, scoop half of the carton onto the cookie crust and spread into a flat layer.* Pour room temperature caramel sauce onto the ice cream layer, reserving about 2 tablespoons and set aside for later. Put pan in the freezer and allow to chill about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together whipped topping and powdered sugar. Remove pan from freezer and spread whipped topping mixture on top of the caramel layer. Roughly chop the remaining oreos and sprinkle on top of the whipped cream layer. Drizzle remaining caramel sauce. Freeze at least 2 hours Cut into squares and serve cold.