Easy grilled strawberry skewers with a quick vanilla cream cheese glaze for dipping, drizzling, and dunking away! A fun and tasty way to do an easy dessert this summer that everyone will love!
I’ve got an easy squeezy super duper yummalicious summer dessert idea for you. You’re gonna love it. Especially if you’re a dippy, drippy, saucy dessert person. You’ll really love these.
I made these last week on a whim. I looked into my fridge, saw a bunch of strawberries about to spoil and thought I’d better use them up quick or I’d beat myself up all weekend long for letting them go to waste. I could just see myself even 6 months down the road in the depths of winter longing for those strawberries. I couldn’t stand it. Had to use em.
I contemplated muffins for a brief moment, but didn’t feel like turning on the oven in this dag-blasted heat. I almost made pancakes, but I’d already had waffles that morning and I dunno, I just felt like I should at least give it 3 or 4 hours before having a second course on breakfast. (Not really sure how that would be any worse than having dessert strawberries for lunch but… oh well)
Suddenly I was in a dipping mood and got the crazy idea for these grilled n’ glazed strawberries. I just skewered those berries, fired up the grill, and roasted em for a few minutes. But that’s hardly the best part. The best is obviously the drippy cream cheese glazey goodness in which you dunk those juicy roasted berries in. ***Heaven****
I’m thinking these would be awessssome for a backyard bbq. People can skewer their own strawberries, put em on the grill, and then drizzle and dip away to their heart’s content! Minimal effort on the part of the host, and loads of fun for the skewer-roaster-dipper people. Win win win win win.
Grilled n' Glazed Strawberries
- 1 pound strawberries, tops removed and halved
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons milk
- Whisk together powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Add milk 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach a dipping/drizzling consistency.
- Skewer your strawberry halves and spray them lightly with cooking spray.
- Grill strawberry skewers 3-4 minutes over high heat on each side. Drizzle glaze over strawberries or serve the glaze in a bowl for dipping.