Grilled guacamole burgers piled high with roasted Mexican-style corn and fresh mango red pepper salsa – so much easier than they look and wayyy too good to pass up!
These guacamole burgers, they’re somethin else. Everyone loves a good guacamole burger, right? I may be over reaching with that statement, but I’m one of those avocado in any form goes on absolutely everything people.
But you haven’t had a good guacamole burger until you’ve had this one. For one thing, we’re bringing in grilled Mexican corn. Have you tried it? Woah, so good. This version has a crema-type mixture, cilantro, lime, and cotija cheese. ITS SO YUMMY!!! Okay, had a moment there. Moving on.
I think the best part of these burgers, the wow-factor, is the mango red pepper salsa. Wowzah, wayyyyyyy too yummy, it should be illegal. It brings a little bit of sweetness to the whole thing and ties all of the components together in an amazingly tasty way. This is a burger that will make you say “ahhhhhhhh now this is summer!” with just one bite.
Guacamole Burgers with Roasted Corn & Mango Red Pepper Salsa
- 4 hamburger patties
- 4 hamburger buns
Mango Red Pepper Salsa
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ear corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, roughly chopped
- 1/4 lime
- grated Mexican cotija cheese (if you can't find this, you can use grated parmesan cheese)
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the corn:
- Mix together greek yogurt, mayo, and chili powder. Grill corn over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes, turning throughout until slightly charred on all sides. Spread greek yogurt mixture onto corn. Sprinkle with cilantro and drizzle lime juice over corn. Sprinkle with grated cotija cheese. Use a sharp knife to cut off the kernels and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all guacamole ingredients. Grill burgers 4-5 minutes on each side over medium high heat until cooked to desired doneness.
- To assemble, place burger patties on buns. Top with guacamole, grilled Mexican corn, and mango red pepper salsa. Serve immediately. Enjoy!