Honey Mustard Chicken Chopped Salad – A quick and delicious chopped salad with seasoned chicken, feta cheese, and crispy wonton strips!
I’m going against the grain here. Typically, food bloggers post healthier-skinnified recipes in January and then it dies out after that. All of the New Year’s Resolutions are put on the back burner and ignored til next year. Things like lightened up comfort foods and heart-healthy salads don’t tend to be very popular across the web around now. But I love salad. LOVE salad. And I’m positive a few of you do too, so I’m still going to share my favorite salad recipes with you despite their unpopularity. They’re delicious, they make you feel great, and they help you get ready for bikini season. Hellooooo. Let’s not lose focus here people, keep the NYResolutions alive!
This salad is SO good. Like, I would eat it every day of my life if my husband wouldn’t eventually hate me for it. The chicken is so tender and juicy and takes what, 5 seconds to prepare? Then you throw that in with crunchy romaine, sweet red onions, tomatoes, crispy wonton strips, and feta cheese. Oh my beloved feta cheese. And if that’s not enough, drizzle that whole delicious bowl with creamy lightened up honey mustard dressing. You will go nuts for this salad! Really, you will.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- ½ teaspoon each salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup crunchy wonton strips (found next to the salad dressings with the croutons)
- 1 cup honey mustard dressing (click HERE for my favorite homemade version!)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a shallow baking dish with cooking spray. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place chicken breasts in a single layer in prepared baking dish. Cover with foil. Cook 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Dice chicken.
- In a large bowl toss together lettuce, onion, feta, chicken, and tomatoes. Top with wonton strips and serve with honey mustard dressing. Enjoy!
Check these out too!