Easy 2-ingredient grilled Jalapeno Popper Burgers topped with melty cream cheese, crispy bacon, and jalapeños! All of the jalapeño popper flavors you love in a juicy burger!
5 Things I Really Super Love A Lot:
1) national burger month (aka: May)
2) grilling season
3) easy recipes
4) spicy food, i.e.: jalapeños, Frank’s hot sauce, buffalo wings, salsa, Sriracha everything…
5) puppies with floppy ears
Also? Cream cheese and bacon. together. If you know the man/woman/cat who invented the jalapeño popper, please give me his/her/it’s address so that I may send a very detailed letter expressing my sincerest thanks.
Grilling season has officially begun, at least in this household, and I could not possibly be more thrilled. Toward the end of Summer last year I really went crazy because we bought our first-ever full-sized grill. Before that we were borrowing a camping stove, which by the way was totally awesome and served us well for the time that we had it. But when we bought our grill, I couldn’t get over how much ROOM there was to cook things and I started grilling up everything in site.
This year I’m gonna try to reign that in a bit….
And by a bit I mean not really at all.
But back to the jalapeño popper discussion! A couple of days ago we were talking about food mashups (I love you pepperoni pizza lasagna) and how amazing the end result can be when you take two really awesome things and smoosh them together into one unbelievably incredible thing.
Well guess what? Yeah we’re doing that again today in this boss burger. What’s a boss burger you ask? A boss burger is all about the build. Start with adding something special (like steak seasoning!) to your meat, then top it off with unique flavors like bacon, cream cheese, jalapeños. Ohhhhh yeahhhhh.
It’s a jalapeño popper…. in a juicy burger.
Jalapeno Popper Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef (I used lean)
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeños (see note)
- optional: lettuce, sliced red onions
- Preheat your grill to medium-low. Combine ground beef and steak seasoning in a large bowl and mix with your hands until seasoning is well-distributed throughout the meat. Divide meat into 4 equal portions and shape each into a patty. (See note)
- Grill burger patties 4-6 minutes on each side until desired doneness is achieved.
- Assemble burgers by placing one patty on a bun, then topping with cream cheese, bacon, and jalapeño slices. (Add lettuce and onions if desired) Serve warm, enjoy!
I’ve partnered up with my pals over at McCormick to bring you this awesome burger recipe! Thanks for supporting me in working with the brands I love to keep this blog going!
For more delicious grilled recipes, like Southwestern Smoky Ranchero Burger with Grilled Avocado, check out the McCormick website.