Big, bold Asian flavors bring this mango mandarin sesame shrimp salad to life and make it a hearty, yet simple and healthy dish!
This salad right here…. where do I begin? Because all that is happening here, all of these tasty elements coming together in one sweet n’ savory Asian-inspired shrimp salad, it’s heaven on earth you guys. Heaven. on. earth.
There’s just something about this combination of tart citrus, sweet mango, creamy avocado, crunchy red bell peppers, and bright edamame that just sings to me. All of that would be enough to make me one happy salad-eater but that’s only the half of it because SHRIMP that has been marinated in a sweet and savory sesame ginger sauce that DOUBLES AS A SALAD DRESSING (<— yes, all caps are necessary) ?!?! That right there is the real kicker that makes this salad completely irresistible.
It’s only Wednesday but this salad will make any day feel like a Friday. Promise. And at the very least, it’ll give you the motivation to get through to the weekend.
Of course if it already is the weekend when you make this salad, it’ll make it feel like a four-day Holiday weekend and heaven knows we could all use a few more of those, am I right?
Mango Mandarin Sesame Shrimp Salad
- 1 ½ – 2 pounds uncooked shrimp - shelled and deveined, (tail-on is okay)
- 8 cups chopped romaine - or green leaf lettuce
- 1 avocado - pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 large mango - diced
- ½ cup mandarin oranges
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- ⅓ cup shelled edamame
- ¼ cup cilantro - roughly chopped
- sesame seeds - for topping (optional)
- ½ cup oil - (vegetable, canola, or peanut work well)
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce - (I use low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger - (more to taste)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour 1/3 of the mixture into a large resealable bag. Add shrimp to bag, seal, and chill for 10-30 minutes. Cover and chill the remaining sauce to use for a dressing.
- Discard marinade and grill shrimp over medium heat OR sauté in a skillet over medium heat on the stove for 4-8 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- Assemble salads with lettuce, avocado slices, mangoes, mandarin oranges, bell peppers, and edamame. Top with shrimp (you can remove the tails first if desired). Serve with reserved dressing and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Thanks! Excelent web site
Thank you, Carol! You’re so kind!!
Hey girl this salad looks amazing! Yummy! I love shrimp!
Hope you love it! 🙂
Thanks Taylor!! I really love avocado and shrimp too – pretty sure I’d eat that combo every single day!
Absolutely amazing! So Flavorful and the dressing/marinade was INCREDIBLy delicious.
Thanks for your feedback, Sabrina!
So many delicious flavors! It was a hit!!
Thank you for your feedback, Nancy!