These easy, super soft cut out Maple Glazed Sugar Cookies are perfect for decorating, with the best texture and a creamy glaze to die for!
Ad – This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crisco®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Holiday baking season has officially begun at my house and I am not one bit sad about it. Halloween is great, but the minute it’s over I’m in full-blown holiday prep mode and right away start baking ALL the sweet treat things.
These gorgeous cookies taste even better than they look, believe it or not!
I’ve partnered with Crisco to show you how using Crisco makes all the difference in creating a perfectly thick and soft cookie, with light texture and fantastic flavor.
That’s quite a checklist for one cookie!
But when it comes to sugar cookies, there’s a fine line between mediocre and absolutely delicious and this recipe is definitely on the side of crazy, super delicious thanks to Crisco shortening.
Crisco shortening can be stored at room temperature, it doesn’t have to be refrigerated! So if you’re like me and always forget until the last second that your butter needs to be softened, you’re going to love not having to fiddle with the microwave to get just the right faux-room-temperature butter.
Science Fun Fact for the day: butter actually melts at a lower temperature than shortening does so cookies with shortening can bake longer before starting to spread! The result? Light-texture, thick and airy cookies every single time.
I had my kids help make and decorate these fun sugar cookies, and then we delivered them to some of our neighbors. After dropping them off, I got a call or text from every one of the people we delivered to, raving about these cookies and dying to get the recipe.
That’s how good these sugar cookies are! Better than any cut out sugar cookie I’ve tried before, hands-down. Your holidays aren’t complete without a batch or two of these maple glazed sugar cookies!
What people are saying about these Maple Glazed Sugar Cookies
“So delicate, so decadent, so beautiful yet simple! Thank you so much!!”
Maple Glazed Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening (one stick)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons butter flavored Crisco Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- sprinkles optional
For the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer, in a large bowl cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes on high speed). Blend in egg, 2 milk, and vanilla. Gradually blend in flour mixture. (Dough will be somewhat crumbly)
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes (Cookies should start to brown just around the edges). Allow to cool completely on baking sheet.
For the Glaze
- Cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in maple extract and salt. Gradually mix in powdered sugar until incorporated and cream until completely smooth.
- Dip cookies in the glaze, then set on a cooling rack. Decorating with sprinkles if desired, then allow glaze to set up for about 15-25 minutes (not necessary but recommended!)