Exhibit B. Immediately after getting our water from the well, I decided I couldn’t stand my dirty car another minute and stopped to give it a little spray down at the DIY car wash.
It was all going wonderfully until I finished with the washing and rinsing and realized I didn’t have any towels to dry it off. So there are streaks all over my freshly washed car.
Exhibit C, D, and E.
My job interview (round two) lasted an hour and a half people. It was loooong. And I was late getting home to fix dinner for the party. So then I was frantically rushing.
And the temperature outside sky rocketed last night so my plan to have half of the guests sit outside on the deck at our patio table was ruined and I had to be tacky and ask my father to bring over an extra table to put inside.
Then in my haste to prepare dinner I spilled one of the containers of water that I’d just filled up at the well earlier.
And successfully soaked a second pair of pants.
The only real success yesterday was this dip.
Which is ironic seeing as how it was the one thing I didn’t have a plan for.
I just started out mixing things together, not really knowing what I was making til it was finished. It actually turned out really, really good. Kind of like seven-layer dip. Except… not.
And wouldn’t you know it, this was everyone’s favorite part of the meal too. Figures.
Except for these popsicles we had for dessert. (And another variety which I’ll be posting soon!) They really loved those too.
So I guess this dip made the day a success.
Thank you Mexican Volcano Dip for saving the day.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon each paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon each onion powder, and salt
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice
- ½ one large tomato, seeded and diced
- ½ white or yellow onion, diced
- cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- In a large bowl whip cream cheese with hand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin and mix well. Scoop mixture onto the center of a large serving plate and make a small crater in the center of the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- In small bowl combine black beans, onion powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, and lime juice and mix to combine. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of black beans into cream cheese "crater". Spread remaining black beans around base of cream cheese. Around the outer edge of the plate place onions and tomatoes and place one tablespoon onto top of black beans. Sprinkle entire plate with cilantro and shredded cheese. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!