Creamy one pan tuscan garlic chicken tortellini has incredible flavor and comes together in just 30 minutes!
Let’s talk for a minute about happy and sad things. Let’s get the sad stuff out of the way first: WHY is summer halfway over already?!?! Maybe not official summer, as in the summer that begins with summer solstice and ends with fall equinox, but the summer that starts at the beginning of June and ends at the end of August – because my brain still thinks of summer in grade school time (can’t break out of that I guess) and now that we are halfway through July, we are officially on the downhill side of summer vacay and I’m ridiculously sad about that. To the point of considering packing my bags and moving away to some place where summer starts in September. Any suggestions?
Alright now happy things. Like one pan meals in the form of Tuscan garlic chicken tortellini with creamy garlic sauce and spinach and sundried tomatoes that will make your life incredibly easy and delicious. That my friends, makes me very very happy. Almost happy enough to forget that summer is slipping away too quickly. Almost.
What people are saying about this One Pan Tuscan Garlic Chicken Tortellini
“I am an email subscriber to Creme de la Crumb. This recipe caught my eye last week, so I tried it right away! We loved it! Only deviation was that I used my own homegrown roma tomatoes instead of the expensive sun-dried version.
“This dish is simple, easy to make and punches a flavour into next week. Fabulouso!!! ” – Peter
“Loved this! Was an instant hit. Used chicken breast tenderloins – and cooked in a Cast iron pot – deglazed after cooking chicken with chicken stock – then added garlic sundried tomatoes and 1/2 the spinach. Just before serving I added the remaining spinach and served with freshly grated parm! Amazing!” – Kristin
“Made this last night and it was absolutely delicious!! Hubby loved it as well!” – Dominique
One Pan Tuscan Garlic Chicken Tortellini
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken thighs - OR 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves - (or ½ cup frozen and thawed)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes - (see note)
- ½ cup chicken broth - (I use low sodium)
- ½ cup heavy cream - or other milk, (see note)
- 8 ounces tortellini - (use your favorite, I used three cheese tortellini)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your tortellini according to package instructions (usually boil 7-9 minutes until tender), drain, and set aside.
- Grease your skillet/pan and add chicken. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side over medium heat until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add spinach, garlic, and sundried tomatoes to pan and saute over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant. Add chicken broth and stir another 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted. Add heavy cream and stir another 2-4 minutes until liquid is reduced slightly and creamy.
- Add tortellini and chicken to pan, stir to coat, and allow to cook for a minute or so over medium heat til tortellini is hot throughout. Top with cracked black pepper if desired and serve.
Heavy cream will give your the richest, creamiest dish but using something like fat free half and half will cut back on fat and calories and still be delicious, though slightly less creamy and rich.
Great recipe! I made a few changes for our taste, but the concept remains.
We can our tomatoes from the garden and used those instead.
Also added roasted red bell peppers.
Could this work with creme fraiche?
Hi Lucy – I’ve never used creme fraiche, so I couldn’t say for sure but I think it should still work.
This was super easy and very yummy!! Will definitely make again!
Happy to hear you enjoyed it!
Loved this! Was an instand hit. Used chicken breast tenderloins – and cooked in a Cast iron pot – deglazed after cooking chicken with chiCken stock – then added garlic Sundries toamtoes and 1/2 the SpInach. Just before serving i added the remaining spinach and served with freshly grated parm! Amazing!
Made this last night and it was absolutely delicious!! Hubby loved it as well!
Love it when you can easily please a husband! 😉