Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies – Dense fudgey brownies topped with peanut butter frosting! Decadent and rich – the ultimate peanut butter-chocolate dessert!
Still in The Outer Banks, North Carolina. aka: Still in heaven. Not paradise, I’m weird, paradise has to be tropical palm trees + pina coladas + tan lines + the clearest water you’ve ever seen. That’s what ‘paradise’ is in my head. Whatever. But heaven… this can definitely be heaven. Very few palm trees and the water is a tad bit murky but gosh guys, it’s like a storybook town. With lighthouses! My heart semi-melts for lighthouses.
And fish. Oh my gosh they have good fish. I had these ah-mazing Baja Tacos with grilled Rockfish. Topped with salsa, cuban black beans, red onions and a house made chili pepper aioli. Hungry yet? Yeahhhhh, so good. Funny thing about rockfish – when I was little we lived in Huntington Beach California on a street named Rockfish. All these years I had no idea that was actually the name of a real fish. Ha! Okay a little embarrassing.
But these brownies? Also a little piece of heaven. Fudgey and dense, just how I like a good brownie. And covered in – what else? – peanut butter frosting and ***sprinkles***.
- 2 eggs 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons milk, half & half, or heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan with nonstick foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter. Stir in cocoa powder and vanilla. Pour mixture into a large bowl. Mix in sugars, eggs, salt and flour. Mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl mix together frosting ingredients. Mix until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies. Cut into bars and serve. Store in airtight container at room temperature.