Double peanut butter in one delicious Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie sandwich!
I cannot tell you how amazing these are!! The other day I planned to meet my husband downtown for lunch after an appointment I had. The appointment was done earlier than I thought it would be so I wandered around the local Whole Foods and found a whole case of tasty sugary creations! I picked out an oatmeal cookie sandwich and shared it with my husband when I met him for lunch.
It was so delicious that I had to have another one. Problem: we don’t live near a Whole Foods! So I made my own version and they came out even better than the one I’d bought at the store!! That never happens!! We loved these and they were gone before the day ended! I can’t wait to make another batch, I’m craving them already!!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Sandwich
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix peanut butter and brown sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and honey.
- In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Use a tablespoon to measure and drop rounded mounds of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes until tops of cookies begin to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet.
- Mix all filling ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Wait until cookies are completely cooled before filling or your sandwiches will fall apart. Spread about 1 tablespoon of filling onto the bottom side of one cookie, then gently press another cookie on top. Repeat with remaining cookies.