Most and soft banana pumpkin bread is an outrageous flavor combination perfectly paired in this Pumpkin Banana Bread.
Have you ever seen a prettier loaf of bread?
I sort of have a crush on this bread.
Okay and by the way, pumpkin + banana = holy cow how did I not know this was such a fantastic combination before now??
Is it bad that I ate this whole loaf myself?
Well, except for the one little slice I left for the hubby. Otherwise, it all ended up in my belly.
And yeah, that is my monstrous bite missing from that corner there. Um, maybe I have a big mouth? Sheesh, one bite and a quarter of the bread is gone. That’s a little embarrassing. Not to mention my mother would be so disappointed. I can hear her now… “That’s not very ladylike” she would say.
I disagree however. Because I’m technically a lady. And that bite was mine. So I’d say it’s ladylike…
Or maybe I’m not really a lady. Just a gal in the kitchen making delicious food that has to get in my mouth as quickly as possible.
Yeah, that’s probably it. Oh well!
In any case, this bread was super yummy and needs to get in your mouth as quickly as possible now. So go make it. I demand it.
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 2 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine bananas, sugars, pumpkin, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice, mixing until just combined. Pour batter into a greased bowl 8x4 bread pan. Bake for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 325 and cook an additional 30 minutes or until top begins to brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.*
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan, slicing and serving.