Rolo Pretzel Brownies – These stuffed brownies are to die for! Sweet, salty, chocolatey, caramely – these brownies bring it all to the table!
You know the whole maple bacon donut trend? Or chocolate dipped potato chips? It’s that crazy sweet & salty thing that happens when you get a mouthful of popcorn and a few M&Ms together at the same time.
Growing up I would’ve sworn up and down that the best way to watch a movie was with a big bag of theatre-style buttered popcorn with a box of Mini Chocolate Charleston Chews. And I can’t tell you how many Christmas’s santa stuffed just that in my stocking.
The sweet & salty combo is just… ah. I dunno. Magical? Scratch that. Blissful.
These brownies take blissful to a whole new level though. Chocolate, salty pretzels, and caramel. Those Rolos just melt into the brownies and turn your mouth into a gooey salted caramel chocolate dipped pretzel party.
I made these for a group of gals in my neighborhood and they devoured them in minutes. Like maybe three minutes tops. I meant to take some home to the husband but um…. oops. Looks like I’ll have to whip up another batch. Good thing this bad boys are easy as pie!
Easy as brownies actually.
- First Batter
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Second Batter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup mini pretzels, slightly crushed
- 1 cup Rolo candies, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350
- For the first batter: melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium high heat. Stir in cocoa and vanilla. In a large bowl combine eggs, sugar, and flour. Mix. Pour butter-cocoa mixture into bowl. Mix well. Pour batter into greased 9×13 inch pan.
- For the second batter: melt butter. Add butter, egg, vanilla, brown sugar, and flour to a large bowl. Mix to combine. Stir in Rolos and pretzels. Pour second batter on top of first batter and swirl with a knife. Bake 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool, cut into bars and store in airtight container.