Sweet Pork & Tomatillo Ranch Hot Dogs – Juicy broiled hot dogs topped with sweet shredded pork and creamy tomatillo ranch!
Looks like it’s a Cafe Rio kind of week. Oh you adore Cafe Rio and could eat it every single day of your life too? Fantastic, I’ve got your cravings covered. First whip up a batch of my copycat Cafe Rio Sweet Pork (in the slow cooker!), then throw together some of that delectable Creamy Tomatillo Ranch that is my personal heaven in sauce-form. Admit it, you’ve scraped the bottom of those measly little cups they give you, trying to get every last drop. We all have, it’s nothing to be ashamed of.
But what’s that you say? You have leftovers?? No worries. That’s why these Sweet Pork & Tomatillo Ranch hot dogs were invented. The perfect way to use up any lingering sweet pork you may have in the fridge. And just a warning… you may never be able to go back to “normal” hot dogs after this. Just a heads up!!
Sweet Pork & Tomatillo Ranch Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded sweet pork (click [url:1]HERE[/url] for my Cafe Rio copycat recipe!)
- 1 cup creamy tomatillo ranch dressing (click [url:2]HERE[/url] for my Cafe Rio copycat recipe!)
- optional: chopped cilantro
- Set oven to high broil. Place hot dogs either directly on rack (perpendicular to the bars so they don't fall through) or on a sheet of tinfoil on top the rack. Cook about 5 minutes, turn hot dogs, and cook another 5 minutes or so until they begin to char a little bit. Remove from oven and place hot dogs in each of the buns.
- Top hot dogs with about 1/4 cup shredded sweet pork. Drizzle with about 1/4 cup tomatillo ranch. Top with chopped cilantro if desired. Enjoy!